How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, May 29, 2010

Potential disaster

I got up quite early this morning. I took Metro Access home to get my summer shorts out of Mom & Dad's storage area because it is supposed to be 90 degrees on Monday. The bus was supposed to come at 7:45 AM, so I went up around 7:30. Miss Donna (name changed) was already up and wandering about aimlessly on the enclosed front porch, clutching her shirt collar around her neck, wearing the shirt covered with a thin robe and a bunchy pair of gym shorts. There were four to five strands of costume beads around her neck, and her teeth hadn't been put in. Miss Donna very much lives in her own world, and doesn't understand anything going on around her. She is always very happy and pleasant and is always saying happy things to the people around her and trying to be friends.

So Miss Donna comes up to me this morning looking real worried and says something like, "Where is everybody?" and "There's nobody in here." I try to convince her that everyone is around somewhere. She gets distracted because she is trying to give me her St. Christopher medal and I won't take it. "Look at all the beads I have around my neck, and you don't have any", she says. Then she tells me how nice I am, and that I have pretty blue eyes. Then she wanders away and goes into another room.

The Metro Access bus comes. I go out the front door, exchange pleasantries with the driver, back-up onto the ramp, and am hoisted into the air. As I am sitting on the elevated ramp, I hear a commotion. I look, and Miss Donna is fighting her way out the heavy Sunrise front door. She wears a bracelet which sounds an alarm if she goes through the door, but that same alarm goes off for other reasons, and it often goes off by accident, so it is usually ignored.

She is complegtely copnfused by the noise. I yell, "Miss Donna! You can't come out here. Go back!", or some such thing.

She, of course, walks straight up to the bus.

The Metro Access driver runs into Sunrise to find someone to come get her. He is gone for a long time. Meanwhile, I just talk to Miss Donna.

Finally someone comes to get her. The Metro Access driver says "They sure don't watch out for people here. I had to look all over before I could find anyone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment