How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Tuesday, August 17, 2010

art

Well, I did go to the National Portrat Gallery and the adjoining American Art Museum, and I did have a wonderful time, but, reading through yesterdays entry, I saw nothing that I planned to see. That's really great, though, because it means I get to go back and see the stuff I'd planned to see!

The first thing I toured was the exhibit of Norman Rockwell paintings which were loaned to the museum by George Lucas ad Steven Spielburg. That was just plain neat. It ws all the wonderful Norman Rockwell pictures of Americana. Mom and Dad would love it, so I think I'll call them and see if they won't go back with me on Metro Acccess. They wouldn't have to do anything physical but walk through the exhibit, so I think even Dad could do it. I told Jolie, who is the only sensible administrator here, that the residents here would enjoy it and that they should take a bus load of residents to see it. Field trips don't fall in Jolie's sphere of responsibility, though, and it sounds like it would take work, so I doubt it ever happens.

I did see the Elvis exhibit, which is one of the things I said yesterday that I wanted to see, but it was pretty much nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment