How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Sunday, August 8, 2010

Native American

Today was a nice, warm Sunday. I went to church in the AM - no big deal. except that I left after the service, and got to the restaurant where I was eating lunch and realized that I had an entire hymnal in my scooter basket... I ran back down to the church to return it and this woman asked me to lead the Sunday School discussion of Buddhism that happens in a couple weeks, because I'd mentioned that I'd sort of majored in Buddhism in college... which I did, sort of. I guess this means that I actually have to read the book they are using. Or at least the Buddhism chapter. Which just goes to show you - always just go ahead and steal the hymnal!

Yesterday was another beautiful day. I went down to the "Living Earth" festival at the National Museum of the American Indian. It was real neat. I'd already toured the exhibits in the museum, so I just went to the special stuff. They had people weaving baskets, and cooking on big barbecue contraptions, and a Native American Art Market, at which I purchased just a few little things. One is a framed print depicting the Native American's concept of "nature". The cool part is that the artist who had created the print is the person who sold it to me, and she told me what it means. It's a nice, lively addition to this dreary room. Right before I left, they had a family on the main stage who did story telling, and singing and dancing and hoop dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment