How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, August 7, 2010

chicks

I did something really great today. I'll tell you about it tomorrow. But first, since I promised a story about baby chicks, I'll give you the short version. We lived in the new house in Roanoke. The Taylor kids ages were about 1, 4, and 7. Mom and Dad bought us 3 cute little fuzzy chicks one Easter. Cool, huh?

Except that, when chicks grow up, which these did, they become chickens. Or, in this case, roosters.

I'll never forget those roosters flying around the family room.

After awhile, the conversation finally happened. I remember a distressed Mom saying, "We can't just have chickens flying around the house. What if a church member comes over?!"

Soon after, Dad mysteriously found a farm that would love to adopt 3 resident pet roosters. We kids were told that the farmer would keep them as pets, too, and not hurt them.

I think Mom still believes this.

Probably, if I were a better person, I would too.

No comments:

Post a Comment