How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hot weather

It was over 100 degrees all day today, and I'd not planned anything to do, so I pretty much didn't do anything at all. That's majorly depressing, specially with my siblings at the beach AND I OUGHT TO BE THERE WITH THEM. There - that little outburst helped absolutely not at all.

I've been trying to negotiate more extra showers. I don't know if I told you, but I've managed to arrange for 3, rather than 2, showers a week for $600.00/month. I've been telling them that, for $600.00/month, I should get 4 showers a week, and also "please tell me how much it would cost to get 1 a day", and they just said it can't be done for any amount of money, so I called Penelope Bonsall, a woman at the corporate level who helped me last time I had a problem, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I don't see how they get away with calling this "assisted living" rather than "geek and old folk warehousing", because they sure don't provide enough assistance to actually be able to live a normal life. Normal people don't stink from not bathing.

Mom and Dad are considering a retirement home. They would probably go into The Hermitage, which is the Methodist one. All their preacher friends have moved into one or another - Al Stables, Hugh and Dee, David Smith, etc. I bet Seneca and Becky Foote haven't, but they are younger. Dad really wants to go, probably to guarantee that Mom will be safe, but Mom is really against it. She thinks their life right now is fine. I tried to convince her to do it now, while they had time to think, because if she broke her leg or something it would be a pressure move. I don't think she appreciated that line of reasoning, and I can't say I blame her!

No comments:

Post a Comment