How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, June 19, 2010

My sister, Sue, is going to the beach today with my brother, Ed, his wife, Dayna, and Charlotte and Lu, their daughters. This breaks my heart because I always went on summer vacations with Ed and Sue to the beach. So lets just gather ourselves back together for a minute, huh...? I can still go to the beach if I want to go. It's just going to take a lot of advance planning. We could rent a van to transport my wheelchair, (I sold my van when I lost my job and moved here, basically because the only one who ever really drove it was David) and get one of those beach wheelchairs with big tires. David pushed me around in one of those on either Cancun or Barbados trip (or both). I probably also would have to hire an aide to go along and take care of me so that Sue didn't feel pressured to do so - that's what my therapist said. Actually, I'd have to hire a very strong aide, because David said those beach wheelchairs are hell to push. Perhaps next summer I'll have enough sense to plan something.

I wonder what constitutes "vacation" when you've been fired from your job (because the damned evil Falls Church Electoral Board doesn't want to work with a gimp in a wheelchair)? Is it just going somewhere fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment