How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Artsy

I had Spanish class yesterday. I went to Old Town in the middle of the day and stayed through class. The weather was gorgeous - around 70 degrees and clear (no llueve y no nieva, en espanol). (I think probably I just said 'no rain and no snow'). (I think)

I went down to the waterfront and read for a while - "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", still. I'm finding this book hard to dive into. I sat at the water for a bit, and watched the boats go by and the planes take off, and the ducks paddle. Then I went in and looked through "The Torpedo Factory". This building used to be an actual, working torpedo factory. It is three floors tall and divided into hundreds of small studios, where artists work and then sell their finished pieces. It was really wonderful. I found a lovely piece that would have been nice for Mom and Dad's new place, but it was $400.00. They have enough pictures. don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment