How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, October 4, 2010

metro access tale

I've had several "interesting" Metro Access situations lately...

For one, I was waiting for my ride at Ballston Mall the other day, and a Metro Access van pulls up. The driver asks if I am Debbie Taylor. I said, "yes", and he gets out of the drivers' seat to come over and pull down the ramp for me...

... AND this pushy bitch on a walker wearing a yellow jumpsuit barrels up and tries to shove her way in front of me. "Excuse me", I say. "This is my ride."

"I've been waiting for them all day," she insists.

The driver has reappeared by now. "She is my passenger." he says, indicating me. He lowers the ramp and motions that I should get on.

I do so.

"I've been here much longer than her," she continues.

"Did you call them to reserve a ride?" I ask, as I am elevated past her by the motorized ramp. (Isn't it always a good feeling to rise above one's enemies?) (Please keep reading this blog! I promise never to do that again!)

The driver calls the dispatcher on his radio, speaks for a moment, then tells the woman, "Sorry, but they've never heard of you."

I snicker softly to myself as I see her fold up her walker and place it in a cab. (Which, by the way, is something I'm not able to do.) I gloat silently as she and her ugly yellow jumpsuit drive away.

No comments:

Post a Comment