How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween


So which is scarier? Is it the ghosts and ghouls of Halloween? Or is it the fact that the Republicans may retake the House on Tuesday? I think the later.
Halloween used to be a night for costumed drunken debauchery. It was great. Sue2 (I call her Sue 2 because I've always added her to my conversation as sort of an afterthought, like, "Oh yeah. And Sue, too.") So she started signing her name as "Sue2". Anyway, Sue2 and Susan Craft and I would go out "Trick or Drinking" every Halloween. We always chose a theme and then made costumes for the theme. David always created my my costume and fixed my makeup. I had some real kickass costumes. One year we were bugs, and he made me into a really pretty butterfly. We were at Dulin and had choir practice on Halloween night, and he let me wear my butterfly costume. Here we were as Wizard of Oz characters.
One year we dressed as witches. We had an especially debaucherous celebration that year and ended up at a bar. As we walked home, Susan Craft started sweeping both the sidewalk and unlucky pedestrians with her broom. She spent the night at our place, and left sometime before we got up. Sue headed down the long hallway staircase to go to work the next morning and found Susan's witch's hat abandoned on the stairs. She brought it back in to me, saying, "I think she melted."

No comments:

Post a Comment