How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, October 9, 2010

Moving day


Moving day! Mom and Dad are making the big move from Idylwood Towers to the Hermitage. The weather is supposd to be beautiful today - a GREAT day for moving. Not cold and not hot and not raining!

Thank God for Sue! Mom has worked herself ragged packing, but Sue has been helping all along, and worked like a slave all day yesterday. I talked to her last night, and she said they are still far from through. The condo fee is paid through the month, though, so she's hiring a cleaning crew to come in next week and spruce the place up before Tina actually puts it on the market.

Thank God for Ron, too! He's also working hard to implement all this. Ron and Sue together have just sort of taken over responsibility and are making sure this happens!

As for me, I plan to go over to the Hermitage later today and try to stay out of the way and show my support. Maybe there will be something I can actually do...? At least least I'll be there in case there is. When I actually will be useful is later, when Sue and Ron will be at work and I can hang out with them as Mom unpacks.

Won't it be wonderful to actually be able to manuver my wheelchair into every room in their house! They have rooms I haven't seen in years!

I sure hope they are happy there! It kind of seems like a real nice place for them to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment