How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, October 22, 2010

Class

I went ahead and signed up for the Nov./Dec. session of my Spanish class. In a way, that's too bad, because the class isn't particularly good. If I continue to be the only student in the class, though, I guess two hours of one on one instruction for 16 hours, which is worth $239.00.

I had found and signed up for a class that looked more serious - more like a real class - with Fairfax County Adult and Community Education (ACE). It was about the same price, and met twice a week in a real class room. I was all signed up for it, but then it was cancelled due to lack of interest. (Not lack of interest on my part, but lack of interest by the population as a whole.) Now I know that they exist, though, and can be on the lookout for new classes starting in December or January.

I'm also kind of unexcited also because I've sort of "done" the highlights of Old Town... although, even as I say that, I realize that it probably isn't true. I've seen just a few things, and those I've seen only very superficially. I''ve never even been in Christ Church... And one could spend days in the Torpedo Factory and it would be different all the time, because the artists are always creating new stuff.

The George Washington Masonic Memorial is something Ive never been inside, and it created an amusing moment a while back. My Metro Access driver was overwhelmed by the beauty of Alexandria at night. As we came up King Street and saw the Masonic Memorial at the end, he was beside himself. "Oh my God. It is beautiful. What is it?"

Try to imagine yourself explaining to a man from Sudan what a Mason is. I don't think I really even know what a Mason is. If it ever hapens again, I'll say it is a Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment