How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Sunday, July 11, 2010

preoccupied

I went to church out at CTS today. I really don't know why I continue going all the way to Reston to go there. I don't really care to speculate, either. I know that, if I didn't go there, I wouldn't go anywhere. I know I admire their welcome statement.

A minor part of what the guest preacher spoke about today had to do with an Ethiopian eunuch. I forget what this had to do with anything else he was talking about, but it totally blew my feeble mind. Perhaps, if this is all I'm going to get out of a sermon, I should give up and just quit going?

See, the thing is, a long while ago my sister and I, (but mainly my sister), used to be good friends with Ethiopians, none of whom had any physical problems at all. Here is a picture of Nega. So, my mind being minuscule, I heard the sermon with my ears, while my mind was preoccupied with the concept of Ethiopian eunuchs!

I know what you are thinking...... But I don't want to quit going to church! It gives my life meaning and structure to have something to do for one hour a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment