How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Thursday, July 22, 2010

I worked on my picture project all morning, which brought into focus thoughts about yet another odd period of my life. This one involving country Western music. (Which I've never really cared for). And lots of cats.

When I got out of college, I moved in with Mom and Dad. I had, after all, thrown their good money away by double majoring in drama and religion, which rendered me totally unemployable.

Dad was at Asbury UMC in Harrisonburg, VA. My brother was a senior at Randolph Macon in Ashland, VA. My sister still lived at home and attended Harrisonburg High School as a Junior/Senior.

I. being unemployable, spent my time sending out blind resumes to companies that probably weren't hiring and, if they were, probably wouldn't hire a person who was so unwise as to get a double drama/religion major. I also worked at Roses. I started as a cashier and eventually got promoted to something that didn't pay more and was a job the manager just kind of made up because he didn't really know what to do with me and he knew that, to keep me, he had to give me something other than cashier.

More tomorrow. It gets better, really! You haven't heard about the country music or cats yet!!

1 comment:

  1. I missed the country music. There's a lot of good country music out there now. And George and I used to go country dancing all the time.

    ReplyDelete