How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, July 19, 2010

When you gotta go...


Sometimes it takes balls to do it, but you go anyway. And the longer I'm here, the more I've realized how valid this is. I know I go bonkers if I spend a full day here. Thank GOD for Metro Access! My friend who lives next door, Bill, from Park Towers, is always rolling outside. He would be a great candidate for Metro Access, but he has memories of me waiting in the Park Towers lobby for Metro Access for hours and them never coming. This was five years or so ago. Once they got sued, they got better. He has no place to really to go when he gets outside so he just rolls around the outside perimeter of the building and talks to people on the street for a bit and then rolls back in. I've even seen him sitting out in the middle of the sidewalk next to the front street, waiting on someone to walk past. One day he rolled down to the Fire Department. It is right up the street from here.
They gave him a Police insignia which he PROUDLY wears on the back of his wheelchair. I wonder if he is waiting for a chance to pull me over for speeding past in my wheelchair??

One woman who is here has asked for information about Metro Access. I printed her off an application. I hope she follows through on it. She is cognizant and aware, which is a rarity here, and she wants it to go get Chemo treatments. Unlike me. I want it just to get the hell out of Dodge. That's OK for me to do that, though. The people who ride the inaccessible metro buses around don't have to justify their reason for taking the bus! After all, when you gotta go...

Which brings me back to the actual reason for this blog entry. It is chihuahuas, which inspired me to find a funny picture of a chihuahua peeing on a tire, which led me into all the "When you gotta go" stuff. All I ever really meant to do was talk about chihuahuas. My friend Susan Craft's 15 year old son bought home a sickly and ailing chihuahua and wanted to keep it, so she said OK. About a week later the dog delivered 7 babies! I went and saw them yesterday. They are ADORABLE. The haven't even got their little eyes open yet! They are just about the size of the palm of your hand. Mostly they are brown with a little white, but two are mostly white with a little brown. She thinks they are pure blood chihuahuas, born of an incestuous relationship between the mother and her brother.

2 comments: