How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

smile

I don't know... It seems like, just when I'm totally bummed out and realize anew that nothing fun is ever going to happen in my life ever again, something trivial comes along and saves the day. Like now, for instance. I'm sitting at my computor wondering what to write in my blog. All I've done this morning is so to church and assemble bulletins. But there is a positive side even to that - namely, I got out and wasn't here!!! Most of the "inmates" haven't been through the door to the outside in months, or even years!

Actually, I don't understand that at all. Some can't get out, of course. But, of those who can and sometimes do, it seems that they would prefer to stay inside and bitch and whine that their child doesn't come by and take them out enough, than to try and get out themselves. I'm talking anout the capable ones, not the decrepit ones. So who is to decide who is capable? Damned if I know... I guess the people themseves, which just shoots my whole argumet to hell, doesn't it? Oh well... Never mind...

We do have one nice old chap who spends every morning sitting on the porch. That seems perfect to me. because he gets out and enjoys watching all the activity around him and being part of the world, yet he doesn't push himself beyond his capabilities.

I guess the major point behind what I'm saying is that one has to learn to take pleasure in whatever is offerd. There is potential to find small pleasures just about everywhere. The triviality that save my day this afternoon is that 2 pretty butterflies met in the bush outside my window and danced around a while

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about those butterflies as I was reading this post; and I was going to mention them BUT YOU BEAT ME TO IT!! You have got a GREAT view at your window. Sometimes I can sit and watch nature for oh so long. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete