How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, July 5, 2010

Just be glad

This is a kind of a nothing day. During the time when I ought to have been planning something to do today, I decided, "I don't need something specific to do. After all, I will have just done a whole lot of stuff over the weekend." But then the day rolls around, and here I am sitting in this fucking old folks home with nothing to do and nowhere to go... Hmmmm - I don't think I took my Cymbalta today...

The good part of this (as Ron keep reminding me!)is that I do live in the DC area, not in Bumfuck USA, and there is a whole lot of stuff to do here. And, better yet, it's mostly all free!

I first heard the expression "bumfuck" back about 15(?) years ago when Granny passed away. Ed and Sue (my brother and sister) and I and Dayna (who is now my sister-in-law, but, at the time was just Ed's girlfriend) all drove up to PA in one small car. When we got there, it was dark, and we were told to follow Mom and Dad to my cousin Sandy's house. Tuns out she lived a good distance away. Dad has always driven like a maniac, so there we were, flying down these country roads in the dark, all of us dragging like true nicotine addicts on cigarette after cigarette because Sandy is a real goody two shoes and would never allow smoking.

Anyway, it was a LONG, nerve wracking trip. We were all exhausted, and were flying after Dad down a myriad of country roads in the dark, with the four of us all scrunched into a tiny car. Dad slowed down for a second, so we all got our hopes up that maybe we were there, and then he took off in another direction. Our hearts sank in disappointment, and little Dayna, who had not said practically a word the whole trip, piped up and said, "Sandy lives in bumfuck!"

So thank God I don't live in bumfuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment