How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, July 16, 2010

This has been a rotten afternoon. I folded bulletins at church this morning, which was something to do, but then, when I got back, I asked for someone to help me change clothes and to help me sit on the toilet. Well, they don't like to help me sit on the toilet, because they don't have much practice at that. (The old people often aren't able to sit on the toilet.) I usually have been able to get there by myself by using available grab bars, but this week I haven't been able to do it. Too hot outside? Anyway, these caretakers were so totally incompetant at it that I ended up sobbing uncontrollably, mainly because I've been warned that, if I criticize the caretakers again, they are kicking me out. Actually, that would be good - it would light a fire under my lazy ass.
(I suppose it would be difficult to put one's ass on the toilet were there to be a fire under it.)
(Of course, one might feel like one has a fire in one's ass, but I'm entirely too much of a lady to talk about that...)
Anyway, I really got to get out of here. Don't you think that a nursing home administrator who had any sense would take up for a customer who paid $6,000/mo to live here as opposed to a thin skinned employee who was being paid minimum wage to assist the paying customer? God knows I've been upset at times, for good reason. I'm a paying customer, though, and the administrator's efforts should be focused on keeping me happy, not on keeping me docile. Believe me, that is not the same thihng. Were I to be happy, I'm lazy and unmotivated enough to keep paying tons of $$ to live here for a long time. As it is, though I know I have to get out of here soon. So thanks, Sunrise!

No comments:

Post a Comment