How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Thursday, July 29, 2010

Unfocused day

I went to church this morning to assemble bulletins. It got me out of here. Thenk God that I at least have something to do once a week. (Ha, ha! A double meaning! Get it? "Thank God" like the expression, and "Thank God" like, if it wasn't for God, I wouldn't have any bulletins to fold! Which is what I was doing.

I think I am easily amused.

As in yesterday's blog post, the Metro Access driver spent the entire trip evangelizing. Yesterday was Muslim, though, and todays was Christian. The driver attends the Spanish evangelical church that meets in my church building 3 nights a week. He's studying something having to do with computer networks, so he'll probably make lots of money some day. His evangelizing was not just evangelical "born again" shit, but was atually sort of thought provoking. At least from him it was, because he was never preachy, just kind of empathetic and exhausted.

He looked a lot like a Latin Jerry Lewis (before Jerry Lewis got fat!).

When I got back here, there was a HUGE thunderstorm. I sat out on the front porch and watched it pour, and that was kinda cool.

2 comments:

  1. That storm was pretty nasty here. I had just left work, got to the stoplight and it went out; poured down rain and windy, then got home (about 4 miles from work) and there was a big branch from the neighbor's tree in our yard, the trashcans were blown over, and the garage door (fiberglass I guess) looked like it had been punched in. George said it looked like the winds when hurricane Isabel came through. Also at least three building fires from lighting in the news that night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the swat the mosquito game!

    ReplyDelete