How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Languishing

Languishing.

That's the word that comes to mind when I attempt to describe what I'm doing today.

Although, to be honest, I have only a vague sense of what the word really means. It just feels right. Lets look it up. Humm... per Miriam Webster, definition #1 is : to be or live in a state of depression or decreasing vitality." However, definition #4 is "to assume an expression of grief or emotion appealing for sympathy". Which sort of gives "languishing" a greedy motive.

So I guess I'm over it.

Part of my problem is that I have nothing to do today and nothing really to do tomorrow. BUT, since I'm lucky enough to live in the DC area, I can plan something to do tomorrow. I'll check the weather. Hmmm... Tomorrow is hot again. "Generally sunny. Hot. High 93F." It's been really hot for the last week. That very much keeps me indoors - 'cause this disease incapacitates me in the heat.

So it's a bad day to do the Smithsonian. Drat. I kinda want to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the American Art Museum.

And yes, of course, the way to talk one self out of a bad mood is not to think of all the things one would like to do but for some reason can't.

And there are lots of them.............

(languish, languish...)

I think I'll go to Tysons and see Inception in Imax at 12:45. I'll go early and shop some and get lunch in the food court.

No comments:

Post a Comment