How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Sunday, September 26, 2010

anecdote

Two of my aunts (Mom's sisters) came from Kentucky to visit my folks and to help Mom and Dad with their packing and sorting and stuff. Ron and Sue helped, too.

Actually, it was 3 aunts, because Deloris then came over from Alexandria. Guess that's the way it is with aunts - (I pronounce the word "aunts" as "ants") - whenever you have one or two aunts, you attract a whole swarm of them!

Here is a picture from about 10 tears ago of Mom's siblings, minus Mom, Wilma, and Kenny. They are Eddie (who has MS and uses a wheelchair - sometimes life sucks, don't it?), Brenda, Trish, Deloris, Raymond and Luther.

Anyway, at lunch I told a story which my aunts said I had to put in my blog. I've never been one to resist peer pressure, or indeed, to do anything more than to surrender to it immediately, so here is the story...

Years ago, David took the CTS Children's Choir up to the Safeway here in Hunters Woods Plaza where the church is located. It was a Saturday afternoon in December. They sang Christmas carols, and I just hung out because I used to follow David around everywhere he'd let me go. Everything was fine, when, much to my consternation, a man walked up and put a dollar in my cap!! "No, no, I protested, but he kept putting it back! I don't remember how it ended up, but I probably should have given it to the church. But I bet I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment