How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, September 27, 2010

So you think its rude that I don't trust you?

Remember "Hee Haw"?

Remember Grandpa?

Remember Grandpa's song?

Gloom. despair, and agony on me.
Deep dark depression, excessive misery,
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Gloom. despair, and agony on me.

I kinda feel like that. Let me tell you two Sunrise tales...

The night before last, at 11:30 PM, Sunrise ran a heavy-duty noisy carpet cleaner in my hall directly outside my door. The noise went on for about an hour. At 11:30 PM ! I complained vehemently and was told there's nothing staff could do about it. I demand to talk to someone with authority and I am put on the phone with the Associate Director, who says, "Sorry, but this is the only time this company could come."

So tell me - is there now only one carpet cleaning company in the entire DC metropolitan area?

Tale #2 - Dinner is served here from 5PM to 6PM only. (If you need assisted living and are younger than 90 years old, bear that in mind when you are deciding where to live.) So I went up at 5:45 PM the day before yesterday and am told they are out of the main entree and am brought the other one. "OK," I think, "that's the chance you take," and I eat the alternate entree.

Last night it happened again, and I wasn't in such a vulnerable mood. The entree was steak and the alternate was a sandwich. I ask, "Is there steak downstairs in the kitchen?" No, they say, there is none in the whole building. I suggest, "Is this a trick you are playing to get me to come eat earlier?"

No, they say. We are out of steak.

I demand to talk to Lupe, the woman in charge of the dining room at night. I am thinking I'll tell her that, in the future, they need to prepare enough of the entree to feed all the residents. I leave the sandwich they brought me untouched. I wait and wait. She never came out.

Instead, they brought me out a plate of the supposidly non-exsistant steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment