How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Saturday, September 11, 2010

zoo



This picture is like the perfect transition between my last post and today's. In my last post, I was talking about the various occasions when one might need a punchbowl. In today's post, I talk about going to the zoo. 'Cause, see, monkeys are at the zoo., and these particular monkeys are dressed like they need a punchbowl.

Get it?

Assuming you do, Friday was a fabulous day to go to the zoo. It was nice weather. The zoo not overly crowded. The only problem was that I'd idiotically arranged for Metro Access drop me off at 10 AM way up at the Connecticut Avenue entrance (the highest point), had walked downhill all day while looking at animals, and then had expected to be able to drive the wheelchair all the way back up to Connecticut Avenue to catch my Metro Access bus home. DUMB!!! I completely ran out of power and a poor Guest Services guy had to push me all the way back to Connecticut Avenue. Thank God for Guest Services! I bet I've inspired that poor fellow to go back to school and study to get a better job! Next time I'll plan better and arrange for Metro Access to get me in the parking lot at the bottom of the zoo.

ANYWAY, a panda sat down on the ground right in front of where I was standing and ate a whole piece of bamboo! (The panda, of course. Not me! I'd already had lunch!)


I saw monkeys and gorillas, one of whom could read my mind, and elephants (on the new trail) and lions, and cheetahs...

Actually, I have a lame funny story about cheetahs. Which is something not many people can say! Ray, Susan's friend, told us he was going to Africa for a year to study cheetahs. Susan told everyone he was going to Africa to study chimps, because she was thinking of Cheetah, Tarzan's ape.

Isn't it always great fun to make fun of Susan? But don't tell her. OK?

Anyway, more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment