How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Simon and Garfunkle

Writing about the zoo caused me to think of the Simon and Garfunkle song "At the Zoo". This is an odd song in which Simon anthropomorphises the animals. According to Wikipedia, Paul Simon wrote it after going to Central Park zoo stoned, which makes perfect sense and also makes no sense at all, as do most most conclusions one reaches while stoned. Did that make any sense?

I've always loved Simon and Garfunkel. One of my happiest memories is of when David gave me a trip to Meyerhof Auditorium in Baltimore in 2008 to see them for my birthday. (which is in May, but that concert appears to have happened in February. Can anyone explain?) Susan and Ron and I went and they sang all the old songs. (Simon and Garfinkle, that is. Not Susan and Ron.) It was wonderful.

More later....

Had to go study my Spanish book... Now it is 3:45, and Meto Access comes at 5 PM and my therapist comes at 4 PM and noow it is 3 PM because I farted around for a while. So I guess I'll finish tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment