How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Monday, September 20, 2010

Work pals



I met some of my registrar friends at an Indian restaurant named "Raaga". It is in Bailey's. Actually, none of these people is now actually still a registrar They are all retired. Jenny retired most recently, from Alexandria City. We talked about voting stuff a little. and gossipped some about people we all know. (And even some about people we don't all know!). It was quite pleasant!

I had a grilled shrimp dish. Most of the dishes are yogurt based. It was very good.

This all sort of leads me to a discussion of elections, which, of course, leads me right into a discussion of how the Falls Church Electoral Board blatently fired me because they didn't like it that I was in a wheelchair and they even put that in writing and all three signed it.

But I won't bring all that up now.

It reminds me of that movie, Lenny with Dustin Hoffman. It is about Lenny Bruce. At first, Lenny does fantastic stand-up comedy, but then the authorities start shutting down his show and arresting him all the time. Lenny becomes obsessed with this and it is all he talks about in his act and he isn't funny anymore and everyone quits coming to his show. And then he dies of a morphine overdose. I probably am just as bitter (after all, I ran 53 successfull elections!), but I'd really rather not die of a morphine overdose, so I think I'll follow Sister Sue's advice and "just let it go.".

No comments:

Post a Comment