How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Willing to Serve!

Yesterday I had a Secret Service agent (or White House Guard, or something like that) stare at me for 2 hours! I went to the Corcoran Gallery, which is directly across the street from the Old Executive Office Building. It, of course, is next door to the White House. Metro Access was to pick me up at 1:30 PM, so I was outside waiting at 1:30 PM. At 2PM I called the "Where Is My Ride?" line, and was told to wait... And again at 2:15... And again at 2:30... and so on until 4PM, when the bus finally came. Meanwhile, a stocky, serious looking man carrying some kind of ominous looking case came out and stood in the yard of the Old Executive Office Building and just and stared at me for 2 hours.

Which means, I guess, that I am a massive waste of taxpayer dollars!

I saw Air Force One land on the White House lawn, and then I saw it depart again. At least I guess it was Air Force One - it landed right on the White House lawn. Do they let any other planes do that?

I imagined to myself that President Obama was looking out the window at me, and saying, "Look at that lovely lady sitting patiently there in a wheelchair. Lets appoint her ambassador to somewhere. Hillary, why don't you get right on that!"

But no one has called yet...

Maye I should write and give him my number?"

No comments:

Post a Comment