How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Area Access

Area Access came today to replace the batteries on the scooter - if you'll remember, at the zoo, I rode it all the way from Connecticut Avenue down to the bottom Rock Creek Parkway exit, and then tried to drive it back, and the Guest Services guy from the zoo has to push me all the way back up the hill because the battery ran out of power. So the guy check ed tha battery out and said that there is nothing wrong with it! That is what I've alwways liked about Area Accesss - they've always been real honest and don't sell me stuff I don't need. I can just call them up and say, "The power won't turn on!", and they'll fix it for just a couple bucks, when they could probably have sold me a whole new new engine, for all I know about it.

Those workers at Jiffy Lube be an example of the opposite of this good policy. They'd come in the customer waiting area holding an unidentified piece of my car and say. "I just wanted you to see how dirty this is!". Overcome by guilt at having allowed something in my car engine to get so dirty, I would pull out my credit card. Good way to make sales, I guess, but bad way to build customer loyaliy.

Another cool story about Area Access. I was at a doctor's office in a building I'd never been in, in the Lady's on the 6th floor, and my scooter wouldn't start. So I called Area Access and they sent a guy over who fixed it right there in the Lady's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment