How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, September 24, 2010

what thee hell?

I'm sure glad I studied before I went to Spanish class last Tuesday evening, because I was the only student. I know I previously said before that the class wasn't worth the money it cost, but I'm thinking everyone else may have dropped out, and if I get two full hours of one on one instruction every week, it is certainly worth the money. Besides, I had a lovely Chicken Friand (remember, the class is at "La Madeleine").

BUT, when I returned, all was in an uproar. At first all is well, and I get off the bus and halfway to the front door. Then an ambulance arrives. 911 had been called because one of the residents was ill. Paramedics race about ane take Anna Miller out on a stretcher. She is one of the residents who had been here for years.

When I get in the lobby, I find chaos everywherere, with EMTs wheeling Anna Miller around on a stretcher, and Sunrise staff seemingly aimlessly running helter-skelter through the lobby. The staff shouts various things to each other in a variety of unknown languagess

And, right in her usual spot in the middle of the lobby, sits the mean resident in her customary chair.

I try to sneak past her, but she'll have none of it. "Young lady!" she calls.

I make the mistake of responding. "Can I help you?"

She beckons me forward conspiratorially. "Where is Michael Jackson?" she demands.

So I just leave. What the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment