How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Friday, September 17, 2010


Tower of Babel
Ain't language funny?
Please forgive that short juvenile outburst, but I found the picture when I did a Google search on "toser of Babel".

Language, it seems, may be the tool that makes life here more bearable. As I mentioned in an earlier post, every language in the universe is spoken here. That inspired me to start taking Spanish lessons.

Well, the care takers LOVE it that I'm trying to learn Spanish. There are several who speak Spanish as a first language and they go out of their way to talk to me and to teach me things. And, believe me, these people don't go out of their way often! But now even the non Spanish speakers are getting in on it. Parmella is from Nepal, but she learned some simple Spanish words, and Meleta from the Philippines joined in the lesson yesterday, although she says the languages are very similar. It's really great, though, cause we go through the day talking and laughing together and not in a tense, hostile situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment