How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Spanish

I went to my first Spanish class yesterday. It was held at La Madelines in Old Town Alexandia at 6:30 PM. The really cool part of it was just going to Old Town at 6:30 when I should normally be settling in for the evening with all the other invalids! It's at 500 King Street, which is pretty close to the middle of Old Town, so I think next week I'll go early and hang around Old Town some.

Yesterday we learned "donde", "que", "quien". etc. I'm going to study the book this week.

One of my favorite old Saturday Night Live sketches is when Steve Martin breaks into a house to take a shower. He thinks the residents (Bill Murry and Gilda Radner) of the house speak Spanish (they don't!), and they come home and Steve Martin, an intruder, is wrapped in a towel and wearing a shower cap and is climbing up their interior stairs, and they shout, "Who are you? What are you doing?", and Steve Martin says, "Donde esta el shampoo?".

I think I may need to focus better to learn Spanish!

OMG! Willard just said Bozo is 50 years old today.

No comments:

Post a Comment