How to Comment

If you don't see a comment box at the bottom of the page, look at the "Blog Archive". It is so labeled, and is located directly under the long white box on the left side of the page. Under the words "Blog Archive" are listed all the individual posts by title, including the post you are currently reading. Click on the title of the post and it brings the post up with a comment box at the end.



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bojangles

I'm listening to a really great radio station right now. It's all the hits from back when I was a kid. It is "All Classic Hits (181.FM)". They just played Mr. Bojangles.

Back when I was in college, Bobby Tyler, my good buddy, sang "Mr. Bojangles" as his standard audition piece. I'll never forget him shuffling around on stage and singing "Mr. Bojangles". He always looked mournful when he sang, "His dog up and died, he up and died, and after 20 years he still grieves". So Bobby was either acting, or else that was the point in the song at which he grew tired of singing.

Don't worry. I can tease Bobby. Back 30 years ago, we spent many hours together partaking of illegal substances in Bobby's bathroom. It must have been cold in that bathroom because I remember we called it "the Artic Tundra".

Bobby reformed many years ago. Here is his picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment